The International Union of Operating Engineers Local 420 and its members believe in giving back to their communities. They understand that their good union jobs have provided for them and their families. They see firsthand those who are not as fortunate and want to make a difference.
Giving back means more than simply giving monetary donations. It means being involved. Through programs they sponsor as well as involvement with other organizations they
- Help 50 families every winter holiday season to ensure those families have a good holiday meal with the Local 420 Holiday Food Basket program
- Volunteer with Rebuilding Together of Greater Green Bay to improve the homes and lives of low-income single-family homeowners with an emphasis on military veterans, the elderly, and disabled.
- Host 3 yearly golf outings supporting the Honor Flight and Hunger Task Force
- Have been the single largest pick up location for Toys for Tots the past two years
- Donate school supplies to underfunded schools so the teachers and students have an opportunity to succeed
- Support and participate with My Team Triumph which allows children, teens, adults, and veterans with disabilities to be able to lead a team and experience endurance events like road races or triathlons.
- Volunteered at and donating to St. Ben’s Feed the Homeless
- Get involved with Meals on Wheels and Holiday Bell Ringing
- Sponsor 20 children to attend the National Fire Safety Program
- Donate to United Way and the United Way Hygiene Drives
These are but only a few of the ways IUOE Local 420 gets and stays involved with building the communities they live and work in. It is because of this involvement that the IUOE Local 420 was presented with 2019 Gerald Koester Award by AFL-CIO Community Service Committee of the Greater Green Bay Labor Council.