The Instrument Technician will be part of Husky Energy’s Superior, WI refinery maintenance team and will be responsible for the maintenance, installation, troubleshooting and repair of the refinery’s instrumentation including analytical and final control equipment.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on refinery instrumentation, analytical equipment, and final control devices including, but not limited to: pressure, level, temperature, flow, control valves, on-off valves, motor operated valves and various system analyzers.
- Understand and apply electrical hazard safety and requirements per NFPA70E.
- Complete instrument calibrations using pressure/temperature calibrators with HART protocol TREX units.
- Utilize P&ID’s, loop drawings, and wiring schematics to effectively troubleshoot process control systems.
- Ensures all work is conducted in a safe and efficient manner according to guidelines and regulations.
- 5+ years of petrochemical experience is an asset
- Thermo-Scientific process analyzer experience is an asset
- Knowledge of and experience with DCS, PLC’s, network communication and building of automation systems is required.
Education & Professional Designations
- High School Diploma required
- 2-year degree/diploma from an accredited Electrical Engineering Technology – Industrial Controls, Automation, or Instrumentation program AND 1-2 years of field instrumentation experience required
- OR, if no degree, 5+ years of field instrumentation experience required
- ISA/ NICET Industrial Instrumentation certification is an asset
- You may be required to work in a wide variety of conditions due to the nature of the operation (working at heights, in confined spaces, with noise, in extreme weather conditions)
- Safety Sensitive: Yes
- As this position has been identified as safety sensitive, employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol assessment.
- Drives for Results
- Forward Thinking
- Change Agility
- Develops Potential
- Communicates Effectively
- Works Collaboratively