Milwaukee Repertory Theater is seeking an experienced, skilled, and motivated Facilities Engineer to be responsible for working with the Chief Engineer and other Engineering Department staff members to ensure the building maintenance and operations systems and requirements are being met.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with an exceptional benefits package that includes continuing education opportunities relevant to the position. Work rules are governed by the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) between Milwaukee Rep and Local No 420 International Union of Operating Engineers. Qualified candidates must be willing to work a schedule that primarily consists of 2nd shift and weekend hours.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform ongoing maintenance and repair work on building systems, including mechanical equipment, and machines to include air handlers, HVAC systems, chilled water systems, plumbing, electrical, and other installed systems
- Assist in maintaining low pressure steam systems, chillers, and all other equipment related to HVAC throughout the building
- Complete all assigned work orders and inspections assigned by the Chief Engineer in a timely and accurate manner
- Load, unload, and move furniture, equipment, fixtures, and other items as needed • Assist the Chief Engineer with managing space temperatures
- Perform minor construction, fabrication, and painting work, as assigned by Chief Engineer
- Perform facility walk-throughs and inspections during shift, noting discrepancies and performing repairs as needed • Respond to emergencies
- Comply with all safety procedures and take corrective action by reporting on any maintenance or operating problems which affect the security or operating condition of the building
- Maintain compliance to City, County, and State ordinance and codes
- Maintain the grounds, including snow shoveling in the winter season
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and demonstrated experience that establishes the skills and abilities required to perform the major duties and responsibilities of the position. Preference will be placed on candidates with experience in multiple buildings, historic buildings, or venues of public assembly.
2. Demonstrated experience providing routine maintenance on equipment and building systems
3. Preference will be given to candidates with experience using Johnson Controls Metasys building automation system
4. The ability to troubleshoot to determine a cause and conduct testing and inspections.
5. Ideal candidates will be self-motivated and able to work with minimal to no supervision.
6. Communicate effectively both orally and writing
7. Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
8. Ability to work across a vast diversity of ages, skill, and educational/cultural backgrounds.
9. Ability to pass a background check in accordance with state and/or Federal laws
Physical Conditions: Standard engineering setting. Continuous standing of more than 80% of shift. Lifting/pushing/pulling/carrying required up to 50lbs. Bending/Kneeling frequently required. Subject to loud noise. Capable of performing physical labor, lifting 50 lbs or more, climbing ladders, working from heights of up to 30 feet, and working from a prone or kneeling position
To Apply: Click Here to Apply Online When applying, please include a resume and cover letter. For best consideration, the application deadline is July 15, 2019.
**Full hyperlink web address (copy and paste in your browser): https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/447222?source=ccp&key=TG1KW7%2fzgMBHA9E8t2hxpKPBfblMNGhaq8zidz7o4pg%3d
Milwaukee Repertory Theater is committed to creating a culturally diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.