Applications for the following position are being accepted by the Office of Human Capital by 5:00 pm CST from December 27, 2017 – January 5, 2018. A current resume and three (3) letters of recommendation must be attached to the completed application. The letters must be less than one year old and must be signed and dated. No applications will be accepted after the deadline date and time. APPLY ONLINE FOR JOB OPENING # at www.milwaukee.k12.wi.us →career opportunities → apply online for classified positions and follow the link.
Boiler Attendant Trainee
Operates and maintains furnaces, stokers, boilers and related equipment and oversees the work of Building Service Helpers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates heating and ventilating plants and air conditioning equipment in an assigned school building.
- Maintains buildings and grounds including housekeeping, grass cutting and snow removal.
- Repairs and maintains various kinds of mechanical equipment found in school buildings.
- Directs and oversees the work of Building Service Helpers.
- Actively supports the MPS Strategic Plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- American Society of Power Engineers, Inc. (A.S.O.P.E.) Facility Operating Engineer’s Third Class License (or higher). You MUST be at least 18 years old, have one year of supervised experience in a plant with steam boilers and pass the license examination.
- A City of Milwaukee Stationary Engineer’s Permit to operate low-pressure boilers at time of appointment. (Please call the City of Milwaukee at 414/286-2514 for information about purchasing a permit.)
- Use of a properly insured motor vehicle for use on the job, a car allowance will be provided
- Certification in the EPA Asbestos Abatement Training Program within six (6) months of employment
- Familiarity with downdraft furnaces, boilers, pumps, compressors, oil burners, combination oil and gas burners, heating and ventilating equipment and other mechanical equipment is desired
- Supervisory experience is desired
- Valid Drivers License
- Candidates must be able to work a varied shift start time or be assigned to early morning or late evening shifts. The position is an entry level position in the School Engineer series.
PAY RATE: $32,864/yr. (start)
THE SELECTION PROCESS: will be job related and will consist of one or more of the following: education and experience evaluation; written, oral or performance tests; or other assessment methods. The Office of Human Capital reserves the right to call only the most qualified candidates to oral and performance examinations. Oral examinations may include written exercises. Selection process component weights will be determined by further analysis of the job. Applicants will be notified by email the date, time and place of the examination.
APPLY ONLINE FOR JOB OPENING #. For further information call Kasi Toga, Talent Management – Office of Human Resources at (414) 475-8224 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUALITY EDUCATION BEGINS WITH QUALITY PERSONNEL
The Milwaukee Public Schools does not discriminate in its programs, activities, facilities, employment, or educational opportunities on the basis of a person’s sex, race, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital or parental status, sexual orientation, or disability.
In accordance with Wisconsin Statutes, every applicant for a position with Milwaukee Public Schools will be subject to the open records law. Any applicant not wishing to have his/her identity released must submit a written statement to that effect to the Department of Human Resources. The identities of all “final candidates” may be released. Milwaukee Public Schools reserves the right to interview the best qualified candidates